Whether you are an artist, entrepreneur, investor, or multimillion-dollar corporation, you will receive the responsive attention essential to succeed in business in today’s environment. We assist businesses in drafting, negotiating, interpreting and enforcing contracts, leases, licenses, agreements, or other business forms. Extensive and detail-oriented corporate skills are the basis of all the high-quality work performed by the firm.
We counsel executive staff – often stepping in as a General Counsel – and providing advice to business units and executives on IP rights creation and enforcement, issues related to commercializing innovations and inventions, contracts and licenses, securities laws, corporate governance and managing outside counsel.
Clients rely on us to draft and negotiate complex commercial transactions, supply/distribution agreements, development agreements and document mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and provide guidance on a range of regulatory matters.
Some of the areas in which we offer expertise include:
- Drafting agreements for an Internet-related business: Design (specific issues such as the creation, maintenance and ownership of content, hyperlinks, aesthetics and functionality).
- Drafting agreements for the Creative Industries: From architects to interior designers to specialty manufactures, businesses are developing “signature” styles and focusing on protecting creative content, design aesthetics and functionality.
- Drafting agreements for professional services, custom development, and consulting services.
- Negotiating and drafting cooperative Internet cross-marketing agreements with particular emphasis on online advertising issues such as quantity, quality and placement of rotational online display image ads; trademarked names, consumer privacy; government regulation, and standard financial and legal terms and conditions.
- Negotiating, drafting and managing the purchase or sale of a business.
- Managing and documenting Mergers and Acquisitions transactions.
- Forming, financing and dissolving business entities, including corporations, LLCs and Partnerships.