Over the last 20 years I have worked with many technology companies and entrepreneurs in the Chicagoland area. For a time, I also ran the start up and entrepreneurial ventures subcommittee of the Chicago Bar Association.
The entrepreneur panels are always the best attended and also seem to have the liveliest discussions.
Drawing on those experience is it, here are five of the most common questions asked by entrepreneurs.
- What is the best legal structure for my business?
- How do I protect my idea?
- What kind of contracts do I need?
- Should I use employees or independent contractors?
- Who else should be on my professional team?
Ordinarily one would tackle these in order. However, because the answer to #2 will inform the discussion around #1, it makes sense to address this first.